A reply from our Aida

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Yes, that's right! I said "our" Aida! We got the sweetest letter from her at 3AM today! You may want to grab a tissue before you read this!

Dear Morris family,
My name is Aidah. I am 10 years old and I live in a children's village in Uganda. Grace be with you from the Lord the father and his son Jesus Christ. I was very happy when I received your letter. I am much encouraged and comforted and my hope has been restored, thank you and may the Lord bless you.
Sometime back, I started feeling a lot of pain in my chest and every time I got infected with a cough, it worsened and I felt like I was nearly dying. I used to go to school but walking that long distance, weakened me and I would arrive at school late and the teachers would be angry with me because they thought I was lying to them when I told them that I cannot walk fast like the other children. This was before I came to the children's home while I still lived with my aunt. In 2010, I came here to the village where life was better in that, the house I started living in was properly built with a paved floor, plastered walls and a ceiling. It also has running water and flushing toilets. The feeding also became better. I started going to school and had hope of succeeding but in April, I got an attack of flu which resulted into a lot of pain in my chest. I started getting weaker and weaker and lost a lot of weight. Uncle Joseph, the leader of the village, took me to hospital where the doctors checked me and said that I had a problem with my heart. It was very frightening because I know from what I hear that the heart is very delicate and almost everybody who has a heart problem dies because of it. And also I hear that if something has to be done, it costs a lot of money which we cannot afford.
We have friends from Holland who help with the work in the village. They told me that they were going to help me and they took me to different hospitals and also told me that they were looking for help for me in Kenya, India, Israel, Europe and America.
One day, Uncle Joseph told me that there is a wonderful family in America who are willing to help me with my health and also to become their daughter. This is an answer to my prayer. When I heard that even after a successful operation, a person with a heart condition must lead a careful life, with good feeding and regular medical attention, I thought that with the life in the village, I would never manage to stay long. So I am very grateful that even with my condition, you have offered to love me and to take me into your family. Thank you very much.

To Lydia, thank you for your kindness towards the orphans in china. I know from experience the joy that comes from receiving a box full of things from people in far away countries.
To Gwen’s question about animals, yes I like them and most especially, cows because they provide us with milk and beef.
To Sam, praise God that you got healed. I also have faith that I will get healed too. I don’t know Legos but we have other local games like tapple, seven stones, kwepena and others. All those are for girls. The boys also have their own local games and the universal one, which is soccer.
To Pierre it’s good that he is happy even with his condition.

To Phoebe, many greetings from me.
I also enjoy reading small books with many pictures in them. Uncle Joseph always reads to us during some evening times when we are in the prayer meetings. I like listening to him reading. At school, my favorite subjects are English and Math.
May the Lord bless the family Morris and I know that we are going to know each other as time goes on. Really thank you for the loving hearts towards vulnerable people.
I love you Mama and Papa for allowing me to become part of your family. Lots of Hugs to you all.
With much gratitude,
Aidah

0 comments:

Post a Comment